Friday, June 02, 2006

A Day In The Lives of Our Babies

After that very lengthy posting, it's the Babies' turn!! (And it comes with photos this time around!) And it goes like this. . .

Hi Chloe, Titia Mana, Grandma and Grandpa Lawrence, Grandma and Grandpa Ebert, Auntie Diane and Auntie Amber, Auntie Renee, all our cousins, and friends, and Dianne Nesmith: I, Sofia, and my housemate and playmate Karina, wake-up at 6 a.m., we eat our breakfast of kashi and who knows whatever else, get our bottles of milk mixed with black tea, and then we are back to bed by 8 a.m. for some much needed snoozin'! At 10 we are awakened to be changed and then our caregivers take us to play with our 'new' mommies and daddies, and our new sisters and brothers, and even our grandmas! It's so much fun!!

We even play with each other!!

We really enjoy our hugs and kisses because we don't really get many get many of them around this place!! We have to share our squeezes with everybody else around, so this is a really fun time!! But at some point I get kinda cranky, and as Alex puts it, I'm not a 'peaceful baby' anymore, and I start to fuss and to cry a bit. But my mommy always knows what to do. There is a special spot on her left shoulder that I lay my head and this feels good. She massages my backand then sings a lullaby in Portuguese that goes like this "Nana nene, que a cuca vem pegar. . .". Anyway, I always feel really drowsy when she does that, and I guess I fall asleep.

Then it's time to go, and although I really get excited when the Baby House caregivers come to take us away, I think I'm starting to miss these new people who come and see us every day. . . But we are so sleepy by then, we just know we will go down for a looong nap until 2 p.m. when it will be lunch time. Lunch most of the time is a bunch of veggies, and mashed potatoes, and ground beef, all mashed together and mixed together. I don't know if it's good or bad because it's all I know. So, I eat it up, and then we play until 4 p.m. when we take another nap. At 6 p.m. we eat dinner, change into our jammies, and it's time for bed. At 10 they wake us up for a bottle, and we are off to Dream Land. . .z z z z z .!!

So, that's our schedule. At least that's what they told my mommy and daddy. Kisses and hugs to everyone!!